Vision Statement

Our mission is to create a safe and welcoming space for library users.

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Re-entry to Moffitt, part 2

What if a patron comes back to the Moffitt entrance and says something along the lines of,
I left my ID inside the building, but you just saw me. 
Can't you just let me back in?


The answer is:
We need to see your ID every time you enter.
Everyone should show their ID every time they enter. It doesn't matter if you just saw them.


Here's some options for how you can help a patron retrieve their ID from inside Moffitt:

1) "Do you have a friend who can bring up your ID?"
2) "Do you have something you can leave with me as collateral while you go get your ID?"
3) "Wait here while I call the extra person so they can escort you to check your ID."
4) "Wait here while I call my supervisor so she can escort you to check your ID."
5) "Let me see if someone from Circulation can come watch my post while I check your ID."
(As usual, try to stay within our unit first, and involve Circulation only if we are short.)

If you need assistance with a difficult patron, call me or give them my card. If the patron is making you nervous, call security to back you up.

No comments:

Post a Comment