Vision Statement

Our mission is to create a safe and welcoming space for library users.

Wednesday, September 6, 2017

"I forgot my Cal1 Card, where can I get a day pass?"

Who can issue a yellow day pass to a student who forgot their Cal1 card, but does have a government issued photo ID?

  • Privileges Desk at Doe Library.
  • Doe Circulation (if Privileges is closed).

Where should I direct the patron if Doe Library is closed?

  • If Doe is closed, direct patrons to the Circulation workleader at Moffitt.
  • For the Moffitt 3 location, send them to the counter where the bookdrop is located to speak to the workleader. Take the day pass from the patron. It will stay at the Moffitt 3rd floor Info Desk and the patron can show photo ID to enter multiple times in the same day.
  • For the Moffitt 4 location, ask someone from the Circulation Desk to get the workleader. Take the day pass from the patron. It will stay at the Moffitt 4th floor Info Desk and the patron can show photo ID to enter multiple times in the same day.

What should I do if the patron doesn't have either their Cal 1 card or their government-issued photo ID?

  • "Sorry, but we need either the Cal1 card or a government-issued photo ID for entry.  However, there is open seating in Doe Library, which is the building next to us."

What should I do if the patron doesn't have a government-issued photo ID, but has a class in Moffitt?

  • "What class are you going to?" (verify on class list)
  • Sign them in to the Online Visitor List at Moffitt 3rd floor. Include all of the information requested and remind the student that this is a one-time exception made so they can get to their class.
  • Allow student entrance to their class.

No comments:

Post a Comment