What you should DO:
1) Act as support for the workleader
If the workleader is busy updating the DAR, talking with the public or just looking away, YOU as the extra person "have their back", YOU should be watching the door too!
2) Assist with the procuring of Lost & Found items from other locations, placing the items in the L&F closet
3) Be the mobile agent for the Infodesks in this shift
You may be assigned by the workleader to pick up lost and found items, drop-off found Cal 1 Cards, investigate a broken elevator, spill or leak, grab items from the Info Desk manager, follow up with someone who brought in food, begin break rotations or relieve a co-worker at another desk. This is all entirely at the discretion of the workleader on shift, otherwise you should not be anywhere besides AT THE DESK, on-call waiting for assignment or doing #1 above. Furthermore, all away from desk tasks should be done in a timely manner that gets you back as support for the desk as soon as possible,
What you should NOT DO:
(I can't even believe I have to explicitly say these things I have seen)
(I can't even believe I have to explicitly say these things I have seen)
1) Sleep - I swear the next person on the nod is getting a pink slip!
2) Wear headphones, look at your cell phones, tablets...they should all be out of sight.
3) Being missing in action - if you are NOT at the desk the workleader better know where you have gone (because they assigned you) and when you will return.
4) Feet up on the table
5) Not seeing the manager when they walk by or until they say hello and get your attention
WORKLEADERS! If your extra person is not an asset, I want to know. Make sure to explicitly advise them to read this post again, and refer the incident to me. If the extra position is no longer working out, I will find a more useful occupation of the time for the extra person; there is always something administrative the extra person could be doing instead of waiting for instructions from the workleader.
No comments:
Post a Comment