Vision Statement

Our mission is to create a safe and welcoming space for library users.

Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Important Lost and Found Reminders

There have been some snafus with the lost and found recently, so I am writing you all to stress the importance of marking items as "claimed," checking the ID of the person picking up the item, and recording both the patron's name and ID type in the "Claimed By" field. For example, if I claim a set of keys, you should check my ID and write "Sarah Harrington (Cal1 Card)" in the "Claimed By" field. This is the only way we can track who picked up an item, which is useful information if there is a dispute about the rightful owner.

Also, I wanted to remind everyone that I am the point person for expiring items out of the closet. Do not take anything out of the closet before I have timed it out. Purged lost and found items will be placed in the back office for your perusal.


Search terms: lost and found, lost & found, claim, claiming

No comments:

Post a Comment